The F.C.J. Sisters
The F.C.J. (Faithful Companions of Jesus) Sisters came to Bruff in 1856, following an invitation from Dean Cussen. The six F.C.J. sisters set up a girls’ primary and secondary school
Visit Bruff
The Carbery Mausoleum
The Carbery Mausoleum was part of Ballygrennan Church, linked to nearby Ballygrennan Castle. Amongst others, members of the Evans and Carbery families are buried here.
Visit Bruff
St Patrick’s Monastery
St Patrick’s Monastery, a Christian Brother’s school for boys build in 1860 and seminary or classical school. De La Salle Brothers taught there until 1972.
Visit Bruff
Sean Wall Memorial
This monument commemorates Sean Wall’s role in the struggle for Irish Independence as well as the role played by members of the East Limerick Brigade of the IRA.
Visit Bruff
Sean Wall
Sean Wall, Brigadier, East Limerick Brigade, was born in Ardykeohane, Bruff in 1888. He was the Officer Commanding, East Limerick Brigade. Irish Republican Army and was killed in action against
Visit Bruff
Old Village Pump
At the eastern end of Chapel Lane, the site of an Old Village Pump can be found. A horseshoe-shaped platform with pump, provided an efficient drinking water supply
Visit Bruff
RIC Garda Barracks
The imposing RIC / Garda Barracks was  custom built for Bruff in the 1870’s. It is one of only three such buildings in Ireland. It was briefly besiged in 1922.
Visit Bruff
Flax Mill
The open site beside the early RIC Barracks was where the early 19th century Flax Mill stood, later to evolve into a Cleeve’s factory and in the mid
Visit Bruff
Fair Greens
The Fair Greens were rectangular in outline, and were later divided into two triangular sites. The stone walls were a later addition. The Fair Greens were a place
Visit Bruff
Early RIC Barracks
An Early RIC Barracks stood at the entrance to Old Chapel Lane. In use up to 1874, four tiny detention cells are still to be seen behind the main
Visit Bruff